Thought / Quote of the day...

Friday, 8 February 2008

Forever in our hearts ...

I woke up this morning, looked at the calendar on the wall ..... and realised it is now two years since Nan passed away. It is strange - it feels like a long time ago, but then it feels like no time at all. There are still photos of her around the house, we still talk about her ( although it is in the past tense .... "I wonder what Nan would have thought of that, I wonder if she would have liked it " etc. ),but we ( that is my Mum and I )walk to the graveyard every week and place fresh flowers on the grave ... we miss her, and know she is gone but the distance of time has dulled the sharp pain of her passing. She may no longer be here in physical form, but she will always be part of my life, in my heart and in my mind .... she is part of who I am.

We have not forgotten you Nan, I have not forgotten you ..... I continue to hope you are content and at peace ... I know you are watching over us still ... thank you.

0 comments: