At home, there isn't much change at all. I am still living with Mum and bigbrother , still plodding along as best we can. Mum is still Mum - worrying about everything and everyone ( especially bigbrother and me ) , and bigbrother is still bigbrother - as protective and possessive as ever,wanting to know my every move. What can I say ? ... I still love them both to pieces, despite the odd disagreements between us ... but what do you expect with 3 very different adults in the same house. As for me, I am still as unattached as ever - and still not bothered about it ! Let's just say I am not holding my breath for a knight on a white charger to come my way and sweep me off my feet anytime soon..... I am content as I am.
I don't need to mention that my petit obsession with a certain Frenchman ( and his work, of course ... ) continues unabated * hee hee * .... I don't think that will ever completely go away . I've been a fan/ follower/ admirer ... describe it as you like ... of Jean Michel too long to stop now ( about 20 years !! ... more than half my life !! ). I wait to see where he and the music takes me next .... . As for my other fledgeling obsession, connected to a 903 year old Timelord ( or Casanova, or Hamlet, or whatever role David Tennant is playing at the moment ! ) - that is developing quite nicely, thank you very much !!!
In the other main part of my world - work - the cast of players change from time to time ... people come and people go, but not much is really different. Michelle, John ( who has become Michelle's little helper again, now that Stuart is no longer here ), Kath, Sarah, Mandy, Lesley, Zoe G .... they are still there ... and so , unfortunately, am I ( not that I want to be most of the time lately .... more on that later ). Since Stuart left in March, there hasn't been a manager at the store, at least not one who is here for more than a few weeks. There has been Jason (brought in to help Michelle as Deputy to her Acting manager), then Lee ( who was brought in as Manager so Michelle became Deputy again .. and who left when he was given a "project" by Head Office ), and now Billy ( who is helping Michelle - now acting manager again ! ). But Billy is only here until our permanent manager arrives ...whenever that is. I am not holding my breath on that happening anytime soon. My status in-store hasn't improved greatly, in fact I think it has become worse - virtually invisible most of the time now, I am now just a human attachment to the ovens ... a means of getting the products from the prep area to the shopfloor. Other than that, I might as well not be there ... or at least that is what it feel like. I am treated as if I know nothing, or not spoken to at all ... it is making me more than a little fed up ... but I will get over it - I usually do. Need to focus on positives, not negatives all the time. Just wish I could find another job though ... but that is easier said than done, so I stay ( for the moment ) ... better the devil you know, as they say.
So that is that - an update on the pantomime that is my world at present. The next act starts soon .....


0 comments:
Post a Comment