Thought / Quote of the day...

Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Time Flies


Is it really 367 days since I found myself standing and waiting for a coach at 5 am in Portsmouth to take me to London ? ....

... since I rushed across the capital by tube to St Pancras to catch the Eurostar to my favourite place in the world ( other than home that is ) - Paris ? ...

... since I came up out of the metro station onto the Champs Elysses to find a magical sight greet me ... the whole boulevard illuminated by Christmas fairy lights in the trees - a sight to take your breath away ....

... since I stood shivering, frozen to the bone, ( and just a little bit scared ) by the fountains at the Place de la Concorde, waiting for people I only knew through talking on the net - and who didn't arrive ?

.... since I waited outside a cute little theatre , surrounded by hundreds of like-minded others, willing the doors to open and just listening to the voices around me although I understood very little of what they were saying ....

.... since I experienced something special ... one of the memorable nights of my life ... watching a frog appear in an egg shaped chair, with eyes the colour of rich , dark melted chocolate , a voice that sounded like sweet music ( although he didn't speak much, and most of what he did say I didn't understand ... I do love the French language ... ) and a smile that lit up the room then perform his own particular type of aural magic upon me and everyone around me .... taking each of us on an adventure all of our own, but connected each other still, to another place and time, just by the power of sound waves ....

Is it really a year ( Ok, .. a year and ONE day ... :-) )since I travelled to Paris on a freezing December day to see the Maestro perform the whole of my favourite album - Oxygene - completely live @ Marigny Theatre ? ... yes it is! . It doesn't seem that long ago though - doesn't time fly when you are having fun ( or so they say ) . I know that piece of the adventure was only the first part of something that has continued through this year ( at the RAH ) and is continuing still .... hope it never stops - for me at least.


0 comments: