Thought / Quote of the day...

Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Wembley, here I come ....




.... the Arena, that is, not the stadium. Yes, I have gone and done it .... I've booked tickets to go and see the Maestro in concert AGAIN next May (definitely something to look forward to ! ) . They are costing me money I cannot really afford to spend ( they are £45 each ... closer to £50 with the booking fees and postage ) but I'm thinking of it as a Christmas and VERY early birthday present to myself ... * hee hee* . As I said before, I'm taking every opportunity that comes along to see Jean Michel live while I can - it is just that there have been more opportunities than usual in the last 12 months ! ... I'm really not that obsessed ( who am I trying to fool .... ;-) )

I have booked 3 tickets - Why 3 tickets ? .... well, one for me ( of course ! ), one for bigbrother (he has come with me most of the times I have seen Jean Michel before ... and he has a car , so that will be the transport sorted out hopefully ! ), and one for Mum. They both think I am obsessed with him anyway, so this will only confirm that fact further !

I have to say that Mum isn't that interested in the Maestro, but after "suffering" (her words, not mine !) the DVD of the concerts with me when I watch them at home , she at least knows who he is and what he does. I just want her to experience a concert live for herself (something she hasn't had the chance to do for years) - it could have been a concert by anyone, it just happens to be one by the Maestro ( I am not trying to convert her by the way ... I wouldn't have the nerve to try ... but who knows what might happen). Bigbrother and I go waltzing off to concerts and she is normally sat at home alone .... I thought for a change she should come with us , so she is. I think it might be a little bit of a shock to her though ... what I haven't mentioned is that the seats are quite near the front, and it looks like a lot of the "die-hard" fans from the forums are going to be around that area too ... should be interesting ( and noisy ! ) .. I didn't think that through very well did I ?, but never mind ....

Anyway, I am quite a happy bunny at the moment thanks to this ... it gives me something to look forward to for next year ( and I need that , the way work is going at the moment , next year might not be that great ..... ;-( ) ... roll on 22nd May 2009 - Wembley, here I come !!!


0 comments: