
... but not quite yet.
Something to make me smile, something to put a huge grin on my face ... something to look forward to for next year. What is it ? ... the main object of my petit obsession of course ! He is returning to the UK on tour AGAIN !.
It has been announced that The Maestro is to play a number of indoor arena-based gigs here in the UK next May - at the moment it is Glasgow, London (Wembley Arena), Manchester and Birmingham . That is in addition to the possible outdoor concert in the Canaries he was planning for some point next year .... does he never stop working ? * hee hee *. Looks like they will be similar to the concerts he is performing in the Baltic states at present , which are similar to what I saw in London and Paris ... but that doesn't bother me. With the " old ladies " he uses ( the old synths he plays at the moment ) , no two concerts are ever completely the same, and it is rumoured it will be a bit of a " Greatest Hits " tour this time ( and not just centred on Oxygene ).
I have said (many times )before that I will take every chance I can to see Jean Michel live in concert. If these go ahead ( there is always a slight risk they will not ... although less of a risk for these than with the possible Canaries concert ) I will try my utmost to get to one of them ( probably Wembley Arena on 22/05 ). That will mean I will have seen him live 6 times in total, and 3 times in the last 2 - 2 1/2 years !. OK, not so prolific as some on the forums , and they have all been as part of the tours and not the HUGE one-off concerts - I would love to experience one of those for myself, just once - but I cannot complain ... that is better than nothing, than not seeing any. As of yet, only tickets for Glasgow are available, so I cannot say I am definitely going ... but I will make every effort to get tickets for at least Wembley when they do. I expect bigbrother will come with me (he normally does) ...and perhaps I can take Mum too this time - will be an experience for her ! .... it all depends on IF I can get tickets, and how much they are. But enough speculating and daydreaming from me .... just waiting for the tickets to be released now, then roll on next May !!
ps: thank you Kanta @ Blah Blah Cafe (fan forum) for finding the photos !!



2 comments:
"it is rumoured it will be a bit of a " Greatest Hits " tour this time ( and not just centred on Oxygene )"
Hi! I came across your blog by tracking down :) those who follow the movements of your and my favourite musician. And, having read this post, and having extracted this quotation for the same purpose - to quote it, I have to tell you that the Tour was not a Greatest Hits Tour, at least as far as Riga was concerned. Yes, there were lots of people who came to the concert in the hopes that Jean-Michel would play not only Oxygene Part 4 but also all of his most popular stuff, as they would put it, but they had to live with the facts they had probably read stated in black letters on their tickets - it was an Oxygene Tour, nothing more. Perhaps, to use the word 'nothing' is to say nothing. So I shall translate my piece of text that I wrote as a commentary for some Latvian sources of information, and publish it in the few days to come.
Cheers!
Hi Normunds ! - thank you for the comment.
You seem to have misread my post. The quote you extracted from it is talking about the possible shows JMJ might be playing in the UK next year, and NOT about the shows he is performing now... the rumours are that the future concerts might be more Greatest Hits based.
I know the shows he has just played in Moscow,Riga and other cities in November are all based exclusively around Oxygene ... I saw the concert when performed in London earlier this year ;-)
Post a Comment