Not a lot to write about at the moment - work is still work ( at least, I think it is ... I'm on a weeks break from it .. ) - it was just as frustrating as ever last week. As usual, my problems stem from my treatment in that soap opera of a place - or more correctly, from some of the actors playing there.
I am generally ignored anyway, but I am getting the silent treatment from one person in particular , who I shall call ' Her Majesty ' ( her name and manner has a regal air to it, hence the nick-name ... but I will not name her directly to protect the guilty ! ). All I get from her is a glance that tells me all I need to know - that I am deemed not worthy of speaking to, of wasting her breath and immense intelligence on. I have to admit, this is not the first time this has happened ... not the first time ' Her Majesty ' has been like that to me ... but I have the distinct feeling it might be like this for a long, long time . I don't like there being bad feelings between us, but if that is the way it is .... so be it.
Away from work, and back onto a slightly happier topic - ' The Doctor ' (* hee hee *). The news that David Tennant is leaving Doctor Who ( or at least, is not going to be playing the role when the full series returns in 2010 ) was not that much of a surprise really. Ever since it was announced that he was taking time off away from it to play @ Stratford with the RSC this year, there was a feeling that he would not be back. It is a bit sad - he was so good at it ... after all, he got me to sit down and watch it week after week ... :-) ... but things, and people move on. As he said in the many interviews this week, after the news broke, much as he loved playing The Doctor, it was leave now or never leave. And he is so much more than just that role. I just hope he continues to get the chances and exposure he deserves now he is leaving such a high profile job ... the media here is very television centred ( and US centred at that .... ), and no matter how talented you are, if you are not on TV much, you run the risk of being forgotten ( not that I think that will happen in his case ... ! ). His decision is going to make it harder for me to get my ' fix ' of him though ( ... and just as I was really getting into him too ... ) - it is a good job I found the fan website to keep me informed then ! .... and he is not leaving quite yet - there are the Christmas specials ( for 08 and 09 ) and three other specials next year to see before that happens. As for Doctor Who itself - it will survive his departure, it always has done in the past when the Doctor changes ( I will be VERY interested to see how they do the regeneration this time around .... ). It will not be quite the same though, for me at least. Will I continue to watch ? ... probably - depends on if I continue to like the stories .... and the New Doctor, whoever he or she is ....
Tuesday, 4 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment