Back to work today after the Christmas break ( 3 whole days...Whoo! ). It was a bit of an effort to get up @ 4am....( I have not been rising before 8am the last few days, so a bit of a difference ! ) but I got out of bed eventually... Once in work, it felt like I had been away for 3 weeks, not 3 days...there was nothing left on my shelves, so it was "start from scratch" time. I just couldn't get started, couldn't get into a groove. I was baking almost all day, and the shelves just didn't seem to look remotely full for more than a few seconds - it was very frustrating ( hence the title of this post...). Hopefully tomorrow will be better.... I might just have my working head on by then.....
It is amusing - despite the fact that most people bought enough food in the last few weeks to probably last them to June, they were buying even more today... particularly my bread, aswell as milk and other basics - but that is more down to freshness/dates on products than anything else. Some of the customers were not happy to find that we didn't have everything they wanted.... don't they realise that we ALSO have Christmas? We were shut for 2 days, so hadn't had any deliveries of most "fresh" food lines since Saturday ( and Friday for others)... so were our suppliers... so from where were we suppose to magic up stock for them to buy ....? Any stock from before Christmas would be out of date by today anyway...
Christmas seems to affects different people in different ways ....... there were a few people who were just a little bit fragile @ work today after over-indulging on the fruits of the vine yesterday...and probably the day before that too! Headaches and upset stomachs were the norm it appeared. Some didn't even manage to get into work at all ;-) ....Michelle's little helper aka John didn't have a headache or feel sick, but that was because he probably wasn't completely sober when he came in....it seems he had a very Merry Christmas , so much so, he was still a little merry ! When I arrived, he had a huge grin on his face and kept on dissolving into fits of giggles for no real reason.... this was at 6am in the morning! It was funny to watch - he knew what kind of a state he was in, but was too "happy" to care.... but that didn't last long.... a few strong coffees before He-Who-must-be-obeyed arrived @ 8am soon sorted that out. Saying that, I'm not that sure about him either... Mark was drinking Red Bull as if it was going out of fashion most of the day too...
Oh, the joys of Drinking...makes me glad to be tee-total really !
Wednesday, 27 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment