Thought / Quote of the day...

Sunday, 31 December 2006

Images of Life


Images of Life
Originally uploaded by littlesister.

Sometimes words are not enough, or just don't completely sum up what I am feeling/ thinking (...not often, but sometimes ..). These are doodles I created on my computer - the first some years ago, the other earlier this year ( using photoshop elements ).They are both about the same subject - about what Life is.
With the first image, I was feeling a little fed up, and was thinking at the time about what life in general meant to me. As you can see , I'm no artist... that is what I created.
The second image was inspired by some news about The Maestro, and the subject matter for his new album. Jean Michel said the music was to influenced by life...by it's ups and downs... and that he wanted the album to evolve, like a tree growing...... After some talking and discussion on Blah Blah Cafe ( a fan forum I sometimes contribute to ) about this, I created that image ( apologies to those who saw it there ) as a "possible" album cover image ( Not that I believed for a second it ever would be..... )
---------------------------------
First image - What it all means ( to me anyway. )
Colours - showing my belief that nothing in life is just black or white.... there are shades of grey in between. Also, if you look closely, no matter how grey and mundane you think life is, you can find an explosion of colour at it's centre... the colours of love, of enjoyment, of hope, of happiness...

The spirals.... the sense of life around you spinning out of your control at times.... but even in the darkest moments, when all is spiralling down into darkness, you CAN find/see light/colour at the end.....

Second Image - Some kind of explanation for this image....( well my interpretation anyway )...
Life is not just black or white..... right and wrong...good and bad. It is more than just that...it is a whole spectrum of colours, ever changing as we and our situations change...our experiences, our moods..... as we grow and evolve ( like a tree !) . Yes, black and white are there .... but so is so much more....the more we experience, the more we reach out and learn from others around us...to learn from our experiences that could be good or bad....the more colourful our lives become...and the more we grow and develop as Humans.....

In the end, it is all subjective .... in the end, the doodles mean ( if they have a meaning ) what you want it to mean..... this is just what they mean to me ....

0 comments: