Thought / Quote of the day...

Tuesday, 26 December 2006

Introducing the cast...

Although this blog is just somewhere for me to put down my scatter-brained thoughts in some kind of physical form ( so doesn't really have much relevance to anyone else ), I thought it is only fair that I try and make it a little easier for others to understand if they come across it.

So, as a guide, let me introduce you to some of the people who are likely to feature in my postings here - from my family, from work, and from my life in general.....

Firstly, there is me - littlesister . I'm a 30-something female , living in a world of my own ...LOL!( actually, I'm from the UK ), still at home with Mum and my brother ( otherwise known as "bigbrother" ). Why 'bigbrother' ?... it's a pet name I have for him - as I am 'littlesister', it just made sense for him to be the opposite. This despite the fact that I am older than him ( but only by 14 months )... he is 'bigbrother' more in the sense of George Orwell and 1984 than anything else - you know 'bigbrother is watching you.'. There is no-one else "important" in my life ( if you understand what I mean ;-) ) at the moment, but who knows, that might change..... to be honest, I'm not that bothered - I am happy as I am...

Then there is work... I work full time for a local food retailer, in the in-store bakery. It's not the most demanding job mentally ( after all, it's not rocket science putting ready-made loaves in an oven ..), but it pays the bills. I am a bit of a one-person department at the moment, a supervisor who only has herself to supervise, but that will not last forever. The bakery is a bit cut off from the rest of the store, but I do have some contact with the others...... They include Kath, Mandy, Lesley , Sarah, Maria, Lee and Froudy amongst others. As well as all that lot, there is the management/team leaders - Mark, the acting manager ( aka He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed ), Michelle ( deputy ), and John ( or Michelle's little helper as he is otherwise known :-) )...... a bit bitchy of me I know, but sometimes, just sometimes, they can be quite patronising towards me... after all, I am a team leader/supervisor too ( officially anyway )....


Finally, another person who might just crop up from time to time ( ok, most of the time !! )..... the certain French musician I mentioned in the previous post...
Jean Michel Jarre (aka the Maestro or the Conductor of the Masses ). To say I am a bit of a fan of his music ( and Ok, I admit it, he isn't exactly ugly either ! ) is like saying the Pope is a little bit Catholic ..... ;-) - but in my defense, there are people around ( mainly on the Fan website ) who are a whole lot more obsessed than me....(such as some willing to travel to China or the Sahara desert to see him in concert ! )
Anyway, as I state on the signature for my postings on the forums I sometimes write to - 'I'm not obsessed.... just overly interested..' ( For those who might be interested in who I am talking about, there are links to some web-sites about Jean Michel in the Links section of this Blog ).


And that is about it..... all the main players in the show which is my little, uninteresting life. A new act in the never-ending performance commences shortly.....

3 comments:

JG said...

Don't tell me you are boring.. just keep 'em coming. You are bookmarked, now! :-)

littlesister said...

Thank you Geejee.... I'll try my best to keep it interesting ;-)

JG said...

Not sure whether or not I'll have something to comment though ;-)