After the introspection and navel-gazing of yesterday's posts, today I am going to be a bit more positive .... after all, it is a New Year. Time for a fresh approach to life and my view of it. The glass is going to be half full rather than half empty....
There is not really that much wrong with my life, if I am totally truthful ... yes, there are things I could change and want to change ( the usual things - loose weight, get out more, not be so lazy etc ) ... but mostly I just need to change my perspective on things rather than the actual things themselves. If I do want to change something in my life, then I should realise that the only person who has the power to do so is me ! .... stop relying or depending on outside factors to do it for me.
I don't make resolutions as such ; more, I have stuff I would like to do before the year is out. Yes, I know they are basically the same thing, but resolutions are normally set tasks, promises to people ( others or yourself ) which can be broken .... my "stuff to do/achieve " list is a bit more flexible and fluid. I know that I would like to do these things, but also that at any time something could happen to put a spanner in the works .... if I don't achieve or manage to do any of this, it will not be the end of the world....... :-)
As for the stuff I want to do .... well, as well the things I have already mentioned, there are a few more. I would like to visit Paris again, and perhaps a few other places too (finances allowing! ). I fell in love with Paris the first time I visited, and managed to arrange a trip there at least once a year for almost a decade.... it is a place I could go to recharge my batteries ( both mental and physical ) ... it is a beautiful city, full of history and culture ... a place to get away from my sometimes mundane existence - that was until two years ago, since when family and financial circumstances have prevented me from returning.
I would like to see Jean Michel in concert, for myself, again too ( told you my obsession would rear its head... ). He has a new album coming out this year, ( at some point...) so there is a possible chance of a tour to support it, and it perhaps visiting the UK too ? ( all in my dreams... ). I know there have been opportunities to see him in concert in the past few years ( the last time I managed to was in '97 ), but as I couldn't get the money together to visit Paris, finding enough to travel to China, Poland or Morocco was even more out of the question ! Perhaps my wishes might combine, and I get to see him in concert in Paris....who knows? In fact, who knows what the year will finally hold for me ..... I can only wait and see how it progresses .....
Monday, 1 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment