Thought / Quote of the day...

Thursday, 18 January 2007

Why does it always rain on me ... ?

... as the song goes on.... "Is it because I lied when I was seventeen
? " ( the song is by Travis, if you didn't know ) ...

I haven't had a great week so far - nothing has gone dramatically wrong, but nothing has gone particularly right either. Managed to oversleep twice ( something I hardly ever do ) .... I didn't get up until 5 am ( when I should actually be leaving the house that time .... ) . Then to compound that, and to make me even later for work on Tuesday, my bike developed a problem on the way there ( a puncture ) - I had to walk the rest of the way with the bike, then walk all the way home again that night. ( again, with the bike ) before I could fix the problem.Unfortunately, I don't live that close to my place of work - I live in a different town about 3 or so miles away ( hence why I cycle ) - so it was a bit of a long walk. Why didn't I catch a bus ? - because I was more than half way there before it happened, and as I said, I was running late already ....... and the local bus company doesn't really like having bikes on their vehicles....;-) . I couldn't repair the bike while at work because I didn't have a puncture repair kit with me, and there are no cycle repair shops in the area to do it for me .... it just goes on....... I sorted that problem out in the end. The bike repaired and ready to go, and after getting up on time, I rode to work this morning ( well, I should say I was BLOWN to work - the weather was very , VERY windy today..... ) - that went OK. I went to get my bike at the end of the day .... and found the back tire was flat again ( it was another puncture !!) - cue another long walk home. To say I wasn't a happy bunny is an understatement...... .

To link up with the subject of my previous post ...... I think my particular guardian angel is absent this week ... they must be on holiday, or sick, the way this week has gone so far......

Despite all the moaning, I am not unhappy ..... there is good news around ..... and it is Jarre related ..... * big grin *. There has been some new news on the new album, and about the soon-to-be released single ...... all I am saying ( at the moment anyway ) is if that teaser on YouTube is what the new album is like, I'm not going to be too unhappy about it .... * even bigger grin * .... roll on March ....... ( that is, if there are no delays .... :-) )

0 comments: