Thought / Quote of the day...

Thursday, 18 January 2007

Simple things




littlesister, originally uploaded by littlesister.

Another example of my ( lack) of artist talent..... LOL.


This is just a simple doodle of mine...... a simple, minimal, child-like drawing of the features of a face ( yes, that is what it is supposed to be ! ) .... in some way, it represents my face ( sans glasses of course ). It is my "trade-mark" ( of sorts) - I tend to doodle this next to my signature on greetings cards ... a visual mark connected to me.


The main focus to the drawing, I think, are the eyes ...... the "windows to your soul" it is said... eyes just hold a facination to me ( probably because mine are actually so unremarkable, but that is just me and my opinion of myself ... ). No matter how someone changes their appearence over the years, no matter how they might age, the one thing that doesn't change is their eyes. Yes, they might get bags under them, or lines .... but basically they don't change. You can look into the face of an eighty year old, and be able to see the eyes of the child still within them .......


So, this is me ..... my soul on view ( well, kind of ....) - "littlesister" .... make of it what you will.....

2 comments:

JG said...

I liked that :)

Oh - please stop being that negative about yourself. You look neat and this little drawing is totally your creation so why would it be bad? One half of being an artist is believing in yourself ;)

Sorry for not being around here lately, I'm kind of busy...

littlesister said...

Thank you Geejee ;-)

As for being self-critical .... just the way I am ....
I will try and not be so negative