not entirely sure why - not much has changed : work is still work, home
life is basically the same as usual - but I am just happier. It is as
if the dark clouds that had temporarily surrounded my head have begun
to clear, and I can start to see patches of clear blue sky ahead .....
the glass has gone back to being half- full again .... after all, I
have things to look forward to in the near future ( a new album from
The Maestro for one ! )
So, again , I can only apologise to anyone following this blog ( that
seems to be you alone Geejee @ the moment .... ;-) ) for the depressing
tone of some of the previous posts ... it is not that interesting or
comfortable to read when they are all like that, is it ? It was just
the way I was feeling at the time ... not much I can do about that I'm
afraid. Unfortunately, I always seem to able to write fluently when I
am down in the dumps ( hence the L o n g posts ... ) ... it is a
way of exorcising what is troubling me, I suppose. I must also try to
stop writing late at night too ... too much time and temptation to
dwell on the negative aspects of my thoughts that time of day ....
things should improve now ( hopefully ). Anyway, enough about my mental
state .... I'm starting to sound like a cracked record on that subject
.....
Work today was busy, for reasons other than customers. The store had a
stock-take today - this meant I had to count and record every loaf,
every cake, every last bread roll we had in stock ..... a LOT of work.
It wasn't so hard with the boxes of unopened stock - they had the
amount they contained printed on the side of the boxes, so I just had
to record the numbers in each box ..... but the open boxes of stock
took a little longer to record ... ( 1, 2, 3, 4 ....... 120, 121 , 122
..... and on and on ...). All this was done while the store was open,
and obviously, I couldn't bake anything until it was completed. I
didn't start the days baking before 9 am ( I usually start @ 6 am ) ...
there were some unhappy customers today, but at least it wasn't all my
fault this time.
One of my work friends - Angie - was leaving today : she was retiring.
She had worked in the store for absolute ages and had reached
retirement age a year or so ago, but continued to work. Looking at her,
you would have never believed she was over Sixty. But now, due to
health reasons, she had decided to stop .... even though she still
didn't really want to. Her leaving was quite sad ..... but in a happy
way . She is a very nice person, always had time to talk and listen ...
I don't think anyone disliked her. The girls had a collection so we
could get her a leaving present ( a crystal vase ) and I made the
leaving card ( as seems to be the norm ... but I don't mind! ). We
gathered around and presented her with it at the end of her shift ...
she seemed to like the present ... she was just on the edge of tears,
and so were we ! I have to say, things will not be the same without
Angie around.........


0 comments:
Post a Comment