Thought / Quote of the day...

Saturday, 6 January 2007

Me, Myself and I ....

I have been re-reading the posts I've made in the last week or so ....
I sound very depressing, boring and self-centred don't I ?
I don't think I am really.... honestly ... ;-) There are a lot of 'I'
statements ... I think this, I feel that etc ... but then again, this
is my personal blog - so what do you expect !. It is said you write
better if it is about something you know ... well, what do I know more
about than myself? . That is not being self-centred : it is just a
fact. Also, I'm quite a quiet, introverted person I suppose ... I
don't tend to go out much ( usually too tired after working all day ) -
happy watching DVD's or just reading a book - so there isn't that much
to say about going to parties with friends, or staying out all night on
a pub crawl , because I don't as a rule... I'm just not that
interesting, sorry.....( see - there I go again..... )

I have been trying to keep upbeat and positive this week,... a fresh mental attitude for the New Year... but events keep bringing me back down again. Heard today that Joanne got a phone call from the hospital yesterday afternoon while at work - her mother had taken a turn for the worse. Joanne rushed there and arrived to be told that her mother was sinking fast ...... she died @ 5.30 pm that evening. ( There goes that sense of deja-vu again.... the wound re-opening.... I just feel so sad now... reminders of last year keep on recurring... but this is not about me - I'm unimportant ) . There is nothing I can say ... my thoughts go out to Joanne ... she must be feeling numb with shock. At least the suffering and pain her mother was going through is over ... she has finally found release, and is at peace now. That is of no comfort or consolation to Joanne though at the moment I expect..... she thought she still had a little more time left with her mum ( after all, she was told her Mum had a month or so left only last week ) but it wasn't to be....

Time to be quiet now ... there is nothing more left to say....

2 comments:

JG said...

Time to be quiet now ... there is nothing more left to say....

No comment.

littlesister said...

Why no comment Geejee?